- On November 14, 2023
DEBUNKING BOUDOIR PHOTOGRAPHY MYTHS!
Most people have crazy misconceptions about boudoir sessions. Are you one of those people?
I had a client tell me earlier this week that she could never do a boudoir shoot. This caught me off guard. I quickly questioned her, “Why?” and she responded, “I don’t want to be naked for a photo shoot.”
This had me thinking. How many of these common misnomers are stopping people from booking a boudoir session??
THE MYTHS & THE TRUTHS! ❤️
1. “I don’t want to be naked for a photo shoot.” First things first, you do not have to be nude for a boudoir session. Not even close! If that’s what you want and you are comfortable with it, then we can definitely create some tasteful nude images for you. I always use the phrase, ‘you do you!’ There are several options when it comes to lingerie. The important thing is that you wear something you are comfortable in.
2. “I need a perfect body for a boudoir shoot.” Again, so far from the truth, my dear! There isn’t a single person that I know who is happy with every part of their body. It’s human nature. My job is to show you how beautiful you are, inside and out. We are doing so much more than taking photos. I provide a discrete space for you to feel comfortable in your skin, empowering you to do something new and exciting!
3. “I’m sure I will blow a ton of money on lingerie.” It is not wrong to buy lingerie if you want it. Again, this is your choice. Maybe you don’t want to spend money on lingerie you may never wear again. I feel that! That’s why I have a client wardrobe for people to use if they don’t have their own lingerie. Also, don’t underestimate the power of casual wear; an oversized sweater on its own or a tight singlet and some simple briefs can lend themselves to some very sexy looks that’s just as much suitable for boudoir as lingerie. I had a session the other day with a client who wore her husband’s footy jersey, underwear and a pair of high heels from my client wardrobe. Her pictures turned out amazing, and so will yours!
4. “These pictures have to be for a significant other.” I disagree, they are just as much for you as they are for them. It’s a beautiful gesture to give these photos to your spouse, fiancé, or partner. They make an excellent gift for any occasion. BUT, you don’t need any specific reason to take them for yourself either. Go ahead and treat yourself! This is nourishing for your mind, body and soul.
5. “I see all the photos you post on social media; I don’t want the whole world to see my photos.” You can actually keep your photos completely private. While I appreciate it so much when people allow me to share their images as part of their signed model release, I completely understand that some people prefer to keep their precious collection for their eyes only. Another option you have is to only release anonymous or faceless images that you feel won’t identify you.
If you have your own questions or concerns of your upcoming session, reach out to me! I would love to debunk these myths!
Gold Coast Boudoir Photography // Debunking Boudoir Photography Myths
Get 20% off all lingerie and swimwear from The BlackMarket Lingerie! Use the code WBPHOTO20 when you check out.